“Not since James McGregor Burn’s book, Leadership, have I read a work that moves so easily from one social system to another. Quite simply, a masterpiece.”
-Warren Bennis, founding chairman, The Leadership Institute at the University of Southern California, and author of Why Leaders Can’t Lead an An Invented Life
“Finally – a brilliant, readable, instructive, and pathbreaking book on leadership that does not grotesquely oversimplify this paramount task/job in society. Dare I say it: Jean Lipman-Blumen’s rich, magisterial ‘The Connective Edge’ is a ‘page-turner’!.”
– Tom Peters, president, The Tom Peters Group
“Anyone working with the Overseas Chinese Network should read this book carefully because connective leadership strategies, rather than mechanical control systems, are more likely to yield success in these interactions and relationships. If you are competing against this network, you need to know why connective leadership makes it so strong. “
– Po Chung, chairman, DHL International (H.K.) Ltd.
“This is a fantastic book that cuts across functions of leadership in corporations, political life, and throughout society. The Connective Edge opens the door to a true process of empowerment for all, reminding those in power that ‘leaders must lead.'”
– Maria de Lourdes Pintasilgo, former prime minister of Portugal
“A must-read for the leaders in the swirling, rapidly changing world of organizations today.”
– Mort Meyerson, chairman and CEO, Perot Systems Corporation
“A brilliant work, full of important insights and illuminating in every way”.
– John W Gardner, consulting professor, School of Education, Stanford University, Former Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare (DHEW), and founder of Common Cause.